The Internship Program with the ABC11 Community Engagement Department is designed to provide one student with a general understanding of the many facets of Community Engagement within the fast-paced media industry.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Nov 30, 2022
As an intern on this team, you will work in a professional environment and will gain hands-on experience. As the intern for Community Engagement at ABC11, it will include exposure to station-corporate initiatives and events originated by ABC11. You will also be provided with a view of all aspects of television long-form production and operations of the Community Engagement department. You will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
- Some of your projects with the WTVD (ABC11) Community Engagement team may include:
- Attend community engagement meetings (virtual & in-person)
- Assist with production of the station’s campaigns & initiatives
- Assist with studio and taped long-form productions
- Work on Social media engagement and write PSA & digital copy
- Interaction via Zoom calls, email, and phone with the ABC11 community and corporate partners,
- Connecting with community-based non-profit organizations, and the communities that interact with and are supported by ABC11
- Interest in pursuing a career in television/multi-media field
- Being detail-oriented and able to handle many different responsibilities at the same time
- Good news judgment and effective communication skills are essential, along with strong writing and video editing skills
- Strong, ongoing knowledge of long form TV & video production
- Has attention to detail and set priorities
- Prior TV or Video production internship
- Flexibility and Ability to Multitask in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Prior experience working in an office setting, including answering emails in a professional manner. Television writing and video editing skills (Final Cut Pro)
- Social media proficiency
- Experience in community engagement, corporate citizenship & social responsibility, event planning, urban development, or social media/branding a plus
- Major or previous coursework in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or related major
- Proficient in Zoom meeting coordination
- Junior or Senior-level standing
- All candidates must possess unrestricted work authorization to work in the US
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university and taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program, OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months at the time of application
- All candidates must be able to work in the Raleigh/Durham office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available during the months of February 2023-June 2023
- All candidates must be willing to work 15 hours/week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the season
- Flex Type: On-Site