We are looking for a writer to join our CNN Entertainment team. This is a dynamic, prolific team of storytellers that creates engaging content for a global audience of millions each month.
CNN Entertainment aims to deliver timely, essential news about the television, movies, and music that shape and reflect our culture.
As a writer on CNN’s entertainment team, you will be a daily contributor to coverage ranging from breaking celebrity news, to streaming recaps, to live awards show coverage and features.
Some days will be filled with breaking news writes and updates, while others may involve contributing to newsletters, writing features, or contributing to live event coverage. This role will require some weekend and evening hours.
- Report and write multiple topical daily news pieces, with accuracy, speed, and voice
- Pivot from writing breaking news to features and back again
- Generate topical story ideas on the entertainment beat from trending shows and personalities to cultural moments that may be capturing the world’s attention
- Work collaboratively with editors and other reporters to spot and cover all things entertainment for a global audience, working afternoons and some weekend hours
- 5+ years of proven writing/reporting experience in print, online or in broadcast
- Ability to write in a clear, accurate and conversational manner
- Strong news judgment
- An expertise and keen awareness of all things entertainment, especially film, television, pop culture and music. Awareness and appreciation for theater, gaming and/or social media personalities a plus
- A reporter who is sourced in the entertainment industry a plus
- Ability and willingness to cover a range of stories is required
- Must be capable of quickly reading and absorbing news developments from many sources and creatively conceptualizing ideas for pieces
- Must be able to write under deadline pressure
- A collaborative and cooperative spirit when working with editors and fellow writers
- Ability to work in a 24/7 breaking new environment.
- This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands