This candidate writes, edits, and collaborates with talent to choose daily entertainment stories for various newscasts.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Dec 27, 2022
The candidate must be good at multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines and pressure.
This writer will help write teases, guest scripts, edit video and post video to the website.
This position will report to the Entertainment Executive Producer.
Writes entertainment stories for broadcast across all platforms
- Writes and orders news stories and guest scripts
- Edits video
- Collaborates with talent to balance news and feature content to create compelling entertainment blocks
- Writes stories for the website and other platforms
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum three years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Premiere and ENPS is also a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
Compensation - $30/hr+ commensurate with experience and skill level