Madison Square Garden Entertainment: MSG is looking for a Vice President of Production to manage Production from capture through post at MSG Sphere Studios in Burbank.
Pay range: 237,000.00 – 320,000.00 / year (Salary or Temporary rate is based on job qualifications and relevant work experience)
As the creative content shop for the MSG Sphere projects, we strive to deliver content that has never been witnessed before on displays that have never been seen at this scale. The Vice President of Production is responsible for ensuring that all productions commissioned by MSG are fully supported creatively, operationally, and financially. This senior management role covers all production within the studio, including attractions, immersive shows, residencies, corporate events and internal testing. Reporting to the Head of Creative and working closely with the leaders of Capture and Post/Pipeline, the candidate must demonstrate real world production leadership experience. The ideal candidate has a unique blend of live action feature film, large format, high end music videos, immersive theatrical experiences, VFX, and digital media production with a proven track record of managing successful production necessary to complete the visual and technically complex content for Sphere. The ideal candidate will be well versed in large format, VR, cinema, and/or super high-resolution production. This role will be responsible for production operations overseeing the day-to-day management of multiple shows produced both internally (and externally). This successful candidate will have expertise in budgeting, logistics and organizational development.
What will you do?
• Oversee production from greenlight to post-production mastering including production scope, schedules, estimates, and technical needs for MSG Sphere content creation
• Establish and lead the production office including producing, line producing, production management, resource management, budgeting and scheduling.
• The right candidate will have exceptional producing experience and will both lead a team and produce
• On board Executive Producers, Line Producers, Directors, other talent
• Direct management of the production office
o Tax incentives
o Casting and Crewing
o Payroll and Accounting – reconciliation
o Location scouting
• Prepare budgets, cash flow requests and other materials for Executive Review
• Assign crew, project staffing needs and stay ahead of recruiting and training needs
• Liaise with the Creative and Technical departments to ensure that production needs are met
• Collaborate regularly with creative, production and technical teammates, and NY senior management.
• Drive efficiency and improve quality by implementing tools, best practices, internal frameworks, components and standards
• Maintain relationships with external vendors ensuring all deliverables are met.
• Manage other related filming such as behind the scenes, trailers, content library
• Identify and lead the implementation of a best-in-class production management toolkit(s)
• Drive process and template the work needed to stand up a production office – to include but not limited to; budgets, call sheets, shot lists, DOOD, crew lists, location check lists, post check lists etc.
What do you need to succeed?
• What will it take? A unicorn of unicorns with a diversified portfolio of experience in both live action production, post-production, and a deep passion to explore the new medium of Sphere, while advancing production processes, with subject matter expertise across the board.
• Previous experience in the entertainment industry as Head of Production, Line Producer, Post Producer, Live Action Producer.
• 15+ years of experience production live action, studio and location based large productions.
• 10+ years of experience in leading artist teams, including involvement with recruiting, staffing,
scheduling and training
• Experience with large format/CG/360 content creation
• Superb organizational skills with ability to create executive presentations, budget summaries, production plans, multi-project timelines, etc.
• A confident, professional, and persuasive communication style with senior leaders and team
• A passion for creative problem-solving and strategic thinking
• Ability to remain flexible and calm in high-pressure situations and adjust as multiple moving
parts consistently change
• Work in a production environment with ability to work off hours and weekends as necessary.
• Experience with attaining film production tax credits and incentives