The Third Floor is seeking a special breed of 3D modeler. Assets are built quickly and must be highly optimized for real-time workflow in Maya.
London, United Kingdom
May 08, 2023
The Third Floor is seeking a special breed of 3D modeler. Assets are built quickly and must be highly optimized for real-time workflow in Maya. The Visualisation / Assets Artist must be able to take artistic direction from a wide spectrum of sources to produce characters, environments, props and vehicles that best represent the director's vision. The Assets Artist will work in the Assets team, collaborating with the show Supervisors and Shot Creators / Animators.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be team oriented and able to successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Must be quick at learning tools and fast at creating high quality assets, both organic and hard surface.
- Needs to be adaptable, flexible and accepting of change; Often scrapping ideas and starting anew.
- Should have a strong sense of design, a knack for using real-time elements to evoke cinematic lighting and depth.
- Will have a great eye for detail, good base knowledge of anatomy, lighting principles and colour theory.
- Filling in the gaps of information to ensure each asset looks its best.
- Display technical awareness of real-time game engine restrictions and how to keep assets efficient.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of low-polygon modelling with PBR workflows.
- Work with heavy Lidar scenes and common retopology workflows is also required.
- Use real-time OpenGL techniques for lighting, rigging and FX.
- Work smartly to problem solve, discovering the best creative solutions for different asset requirements / tasks.
- Autodesk Maya
- Unreal Engine
- Substance Painter
- Perforce or similar version control software.
- Shader / materials setup with Unreal.
- Prior rigging knowledge is preferable, for learning TTF tools to rig basic characters, creatures and props.
- AAA game industry experience is a bonus.