CNBC is seeking a Producer to join our growing digital video team. This position is perfect for a producer with deep curiosity about America’s legacy public companies, consumer behavior and big box retailers.
The role includes pitching, creating, and owning smart original videos, including spearheading episodic series to publish across CNBC's digital platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and LinkedIn. The producer must be a team player who is excited to collaborate with other reporters and producers on the team.
The perfect candidate is primarily a strong and thorough reporter and script writer and a talented shooter. Someone who has experience shooting sequences and scenes on the field is necessary. It’s a great plus if you’re also a creative editor. You must love analyzing numbers and data but at the same time be a relentless searcher of great characters who can best represent those datapoints and statistics. We’re seeking a passionate visual storyteller, who thrives in a fast-paced news environment. Being comfortable in front of the camera and a willingness to experiment with hosted content is a plus but not necessary.
Sound editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. Finding unique angles, sourcing and interviewing smart experts, crafting sharp scripts and editing digital videos on tight deadlines is what this job is all about. Producing stories that could be controversial or sensitive will be part of the day-to-day. The producer is expected to write articles to compliment each video.
- The Impact Of McDonald’s Pulling Out Of Russia
- Will Dodge's Electric Muscle Car Satisfy Its Die-Hard Fans?
- How Drought Cost America’s Cotton Industry Billions
- How Amazon Changed Whole Foods, Five Years Later
- At least 4 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including reporting, writing, shooting, editing
- Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and other industry standard equipment and tools
- Script and/or voice-over experience
- Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- Highly collaborative and creative attitude
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
- Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
- Ability and willingness to travel for shoots and projects
- Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
- Sourcing and contacts in the business and technology space is a plus
- Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
- Bachelor's Degree completed, or comparable professional experience
- Experience hosting and creating medium to long form digital video series and deep-dive explainers
- Skills in After Effects, animation a plus
- Interest in emerging social media platforms
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Extras -- Dry cleaning
- Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City