Provide high quality editing in post-production for the docu-series Osiyo, Voices of the Cherokee People, and other documentary-style productions or original content production.
Work with production staff, producers and directors to deliver high quality, cinematic quality original content. Ensure post-production schedules and deadlines are met and all files delivered in a timely manner. Assist in production as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Manages SD cards/raw footage intake and ingestion.
- Uploads, maintains, and organizes files on server.
- Manages transcription services for all footage.
- Edits OsiyoTV feature and almanac stories, language lessons, promotional/marketing spots and assists with episode assembly.
- Performs post-production equipment/tech maintenance and inventory.
- Contributes to animation contract collaborations.
- Determines and inputs sound, music and visual effects into projects.
- Purchases stock music/footage and assists with stock footage library and image library/archives.
- Researches and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Acts as videographer/other production crew when needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
No supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Communications, Film or similar field and 3 years of experience working in production or in the film industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong video editing and color correction skills.
- Working knowledge of industry terminology.
- Advanced knowledge in Mac OS systems and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Ability to identify alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, have a reliable work ethic and a professional appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure effective workflow and customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently on multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism while directly dealing with all levels of staff, clients and the general public.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Work will be performed in a variety of settings, including, climate-controlled office settings and/or outdoors in all types of weather. Work may require extended periods of sitting, walking or standing. Work requires lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs. Work may require travel, including overnight stays.
Are you fun and highly motivated? Do you like to take on new challenges in a team-focused environment? Are you committed to delivering high-quality work? If so, you may be a great candidate for the CNB team!