Disney Television Animation & Disney Branded Television: Assist the department in identifying and casting emerging talent.
Disney Entertainment redefines the future of media and entertainment by delivering compelling creative storytelling, ground-breaking technology, and high-impact marketing. This is a unique opportunity to join two amazing teams within Disney Entertainment: Disney Television Animation (DTVA) and Disney Branded Television (DBT) in their Casting & Talent Relations teams.
DTVA is an industry leader in the creation of animated television products for preschoolers, kids, and tweens. The studio brings programming and production expertise together under the same leadership as Disney Channels Worldwide.
DBT oversees development and production of content geared towards kids, teens and families for Disney+ and Disney Channel linear networks.
A Day in the Life…
- For the first half of the internship, you will be part of DTVA and later transition to DBT.
- Interning with the Casting and Talent Relations teams, you will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the departments:
- Become a member of a smart, fun, and collaborative team.
- Assist the department in identifying and casting emerging talent.
- Help find new and creative ways to work together with an eye toward quality and efficiency.
Your role may include:
- Liaising with talent representatives regarding actor availability and material for casting consideration.
- Supporting department team members in desk and phone coverage.
- Assisting in compiling grids/charts, documents, memos and scheduling.
- Research actors and brands/current trends.
- Handle confidential and other sensitive information.
- Providing support with basic editing for demo reels and other items.
- Supporting current Assistants and Coordinator with light desk and phone coverage.
- Supporting various talent initiatives such as Actor Audition Workshops as well as events with Talent Relations.
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated proficiency with both Mac and PC operating systems
- A strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, written (spelling, punctuation, grammar) and interpersonal communication skills– collaboration skills are essential
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Previous experience in entertainment and casting
- Familiarity with online short-form media and like genres
- Proficiency with iMovie/iDVD/Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere
The pay rate for this position in California is $21.20 per hour
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is an onsite position -- Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Burbank/Glendale, California area
- Program length -- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through December 2023