The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
Audio / Music / Sound
Nov 09, 2022
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities.
- Set up and prepare the studio for each broadcast including lighting and camera framing
- Check in each guest/analyst via Skype, TVU, LiveU, Zoom, etc. This includes a full audio check
- Direct, switch, and operate audio during broadcasts. Show times and durations vary from 15 minutes to full hour broadcasts
- Work closely with various Paramount Global entities to connect guests and analysts
- Must be prepared for breaking news and postgame reactions throughout each shift at any time
- Work closely with CBS Sports Broadcast to create compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platforms
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- At least 2 years of "hands-on" experience in the technical direction of television newscasts
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Since the schedules will rotate, you must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights, and holidays. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed
- Experience with ELC OPERATIONS – calling and cutting News Broadcasts, Camera Robotics, Audio Consoles, Playout Servers, and Graphics Playback
- Extensive knowledge of video switchers, graphics systems, server playout systems, audio consoles and robotic camera systems is essential.
You might also have –
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent
- Experience with Ross products including switchers, Inception and Xpression
Day, Evening, Overnight