LA Times Studios is looking for an energetic and knowledgeable camera operator to work in our studio during production of the Emmy-winning nightly news magazine show, “LA Times Today,” which airs weeknights on Spectrum News 1.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 10, 2022
The camera operator will be a key part of our production team, operating the pedcam and jib during taping of the show. This is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to a premier Los Angeles-area television program while working inside the building of the Los Angeles Times, the largest news operation in the western United States.
“LA Times Today” was honored in 2020 with an LA-area Emmy for Best Information Series.
- Set up and operate studio Ped cameras.
- Capture footage in studio with Jib camera.
- Ensure camera is focused and capturing footage as directed by TD/Director.
- Alert control room to any problems involving camera while shooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of various video cameras old and new.
- Ability to light a simple interview.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic camera malfunctions and make adjustments.
- Some stage managing experience.
- Basic studio production experience.
- Minimum of two years camera experience
High School diploma