Disney TV Animation is looking for a production accountant that will be responsible for managing and controlling the accounting functions of multiple animated series.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 28, 2022
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare production budgets for new series and subsequent seasons of existing series for Disney Channel, Disney Junior & the Disney + streaming service.
- Work closely with production executives and line producers to create budget scenarios and forecasting throughout the series.
- Track budget vs. actual costs; prepare Estimated Final Cost worksheets and distribute monthly cost reports to studio leadership. Prepare and track monthly production cashflows for segment reporting.
- Process invoicing for all vendors (ie., animation studios, recording studios, post houses, etc.) including all coding.
- Create journal entries to reclass costs.
- Responsible for approving production crew timecards and working with in-house and third party payroll entities to assist on any issues.
- Approve weekly voice talent payroll edits from third party payroll company.
- Work closely with Business Affairs to ensure production legal requirements and commitments are being met.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-5 years of overall accounting/finance experience and at least 2 years in production accounting
- Animation experience a plus
- Familiarity with IATSE 839 & SAG union payroll a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and good judgment
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated; team player