This position is focused primarily, but not exclusively, on supporting the production of Live & Onstage shows, and acts as the Production Assistant for the Events department during the festival.
San Francisco Bay Area
Mar 03, 2022
Apr 04, 2022
The Coordinator supports the Special Events team in project managing and executing all special events for the 2022 SFFILM Festival, including Parties & Receptions (Opening & Closing Night parties, small receptions, dinners, Golden Gate Awards), and Live Programming (Big Nights, Music + Film, awards and tribute conversation, Live & Onstage shows). This position is focused primarily, but not exclusively, on supporting the production of Live & Onstage shows, and acts as the Production Assistant for the Events department during the festival.
This is a full-time temporary role from April 4 – May 6, paid at a rate of $20 per hour. This role has the expectation of some overtime required pre-festival, with overtime hours increasing during the SFFILM Festival (April 21-May 1).
Covid-19 Safety: Seasonal staff at the 2022 SFFILM Festival may be required to engage in public-facing roles and thus are required to provide proof of vaccination for employment.
- Act as administrative support for data entry with departmental organizational tools, including showflows, production database, and basecamp projects.
- Works with Special Events Managers to build and update showflows for shows including Opening Night, numerous Receptions, Live & Onstage Events, the Golden Gate Awards, Members Night, and others
- Work with Special Events Assistant Manager and Production Manager to coordinate movement of equipment, furniture, green room, and other production needs during festival.
- Prepares and manages green room needs across different venues, including working with Guest Office to ascertain talent needs.
- Sets up and stocks Green Rooms during the Festival, tracking shifting needs and planning accordingly
- Coordinate with Tech and Communications teams on slides and other non-film media needs for shows
- Assist with management of Event Volunteers on-site
- Support Special Events Managers in on-site execution of events, including load-in and out, set-up, rehearsals, and acting as a stagehand during shows
- Acts as lead producer on and independently oversees certain events as assigned
- Supports at parties & receptions as needed
- Create a written wrap-report and summary of all necessary timeline info
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong skills in excel and Filemaker preferred
- Experience in event production, live show production, or stage management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize effectively, and to respond to last-minute requests
- Experience working within a team, collaborating with managers and communicating progress on tasks to advance larger goals
- A self-starter with excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Have a great attitude, cooperative spirit, and possess great energy and efficiency.
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles
- Be comfortable with the standing, heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites