As a Shoot Manager on the Performance Capture Team at Ubisoft Toronto, you are responsible for managing shoots at the Mocap studio.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Jun 05, 2023
As a Shoot Manager on the Performance Capture Team at Ubisoft Toronto, you are responsible for managing shoots at the Mocap studio. Collaborating with the mocap technical team and production teams, the Shoot Manager is responsible for assessing the shoot needs, preparing them, ensuring they run smoothly, and following up.
- Meet with production teams to discuss their mo-cap shoot needs and know the script to help define the shot list.
- Plan and prepare the shoots (mo-cap, 3D and 4D scans).
- Attend rehearsals and shoots, ensure they run smoothly and follow up.
- Regularly communicate the shoot information to stakeholders.
- Make suggestions and support production teams regarding casting, as needed.
- Follow up with Junction Studio for the needs of actors, characters and retargeting.
- Supervise the mo-cap technical team during shoots.
- Monitor progress of projects.
- Advise production crews on procedures before, during and after shoots.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of mo-cap production processes.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
- Experience on film and tv sets
- Technical training in 3D animation
- Experience in motion capture systems
- Experience in 3D animation (an asset)
- Comfortable speaking in public
- Works well on a team
- Customer service focused
- Continuous improvement of working processes
- Flexible and organized
- Independent and resourceful
- Deals well with challenges
- Motion Builder: mapping, editing and retargeting motion capture data is an asset
- Knowledge of Vicon system is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of motion capture features and constraints
- Knowledge of the video game industry, an asset
What to send our way
Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped;