America's Test Kitchen is looking for a Senior Video Producer with a focus on cinematography, lighting, and on-set video production to join our video team.
Greater Boston Area
Jan 20, 2022
This hands-on position will be key to our creative team, helping the lead producer / director develop and manage the visual style, lighting plan, shot list, gear, and crew for new original video content. Candidates should have extensive experience operating professional-grade cameras, lights and grip, and leading a crew.
- Work with lead producers / directors to develop camera & lighting plans for OTT and Youtube originals
- Work with director to develop a lighting plan and serve as gaffer / DP on set
- Oversee camera setup and operation, provide creative direction to crew
- Work with Media Manager / Post Supervisor on media management
- Mentor and train a small team of staff video producers and shooters on lighting, etc.
- Create and implement process improvements in production / gear management
- Assist in production and editing / post production as needed
- Help manage and maintain Sony camera systems (FS7), professional grip gear, and Arri LED lighting systems.
- Provide feedback and guidance to junior crew members, and ensure that projects adhere to our goals and standards.
- Keep up-to-date with current video trends (styles, equipment, software, techniques).
- Work with Managing Producer to improve production quality of all video
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of hands-on experience lighting / shooting digital video or broadcast content. Experience with long-form content a plus.
- Previous experience running a set / managing a video team or crew.
- Proficient with Sony camera systems (FS7, FS5, A7S, etc) and professional grip gear
- Experience with Arri LED lighting systems
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere
- Collaborative team-oriented mentality along with the ability to work independently and under close direction.
- Great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback
- Strong shooting skills in a variety of styles.
- Understanding of how to light for video, particularly how to light food and cooking segments involving talent.
- Culinary video experience required; passion for cooking a plus.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as well as links to your reel for consideration.