The Senior Unreal Artist will utilize superior 3d modeling, texturing, lighting skill sets in order to create hyper-realistic environments, assets, immersive experiences & set pieces using 3D software and the Unreal Engine.
Greater Atlanta Area
Apr 25, 2022
The ideal candidate will collaboratively capture and then translate both design and scientific visions in order to meticulously craft awe-inspiring, highly accurate environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize highly developed modeling & lighting skillset to build visually stunning and accurate worlds in Unreal
- Prototype rough layouts quickly and efficiently.
- Create natural landscapes and terrains.
- Proficient using Quixel or Substance Designer for textures
- Utilize and interpret Unreal Engine blueprints and sequencer tools
- Create light mobilities & shadow options in a manner that maximizes believability and desired mood.
- Develop a beautiful cohesive layout with 3D assets resulting in an immersive Unreal scene.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to develop best in class, cross-platform experiences in Unreal
- Optimize environments in a manner that meets or exceeds performance & memory standards
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years experience with Unreal Engine 4
- 1 year or more of production for media related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accomplished visual artist
- Experience with Unreal 5 is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Zero Density and/or Pixotope software is a plus
- Professional experience taking storyboards, wireframes, and concept art all the way to highly-polished, linear & interactive experiences.
- Advanced skills in hard-surface and organic modeling
- Highly proficient with 3D tools including 3DS MAX, MAYA, Autodesk 3D, Zbrush.
- Ability to create both hard surface and organic models with a high level of realism..
- Superior eye for lighting, color, composition, shading, and detail.
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality.
- Familiarity with modular level construction.
- Self-motivated problem solver, ability to work well independently.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.