ESPN is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to discover, develop, and distribute content for ESPN's branded social media, leading Women’s Sports coverage.
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you’ll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day. ESPN is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to discover, develop, and distribute content for ESPN's branded social media, leading Women’s Sports coverage. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience writing social copy under pressure and creating both videos and photos that are optimized for social environments. A Senior Social Media Specialist will also be responsible for composing comprehensive plans and reports in support and collaboration across multiple teams to lead successful projects from start to finish.
Position location may vary (CT/CA/NY)
- Create content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook
- Manage content planning and organic social strategy for ESPNw
- Collaborate with multiple internal partners (editorial, marketing, etc.) to make organic social content compelling and comprehensive
- Occasionally assign work to select peers and designers
- Edit and approve social posts for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in all the latest social media trends and best practices
- Analyze performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
- Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced social media environment with content creation responsibilities or minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Twitter, Facebook TikTok and Instagram
- Possess excellent news judgement and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical workday
- Ability to analyze and apply data to decision-making
- Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s social media followers
- Previous brand voice and account launch management
- Experience supporting a DTC business
- Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends
- High school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.