The Senior Production Accountant will be responsible for accurate financial tracking and accounting of Six West and Category Six Media unscripted productions and development projects.
This role will have an emphasis on cost reporting, general ledger management, invoice management, purchase cards and payroll, and will have a direct line of reporting to corporate finance and production accounting.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage day-to-day production accounting across 30+ active projects of non-fiction series, specials, and docu-series, including providing timely, accurate and complete analysis and reporting: cost reports, trial balances and cash balances
- Own general ledgers for multiple long-form productions and prepare and post general ledger entries on a weekly basis
- Liaise between production team and accounting group to cost track during production process and investigate cost discrepancies while working closely with Line Producers and Operations on all matters regarding production accounting
- Act as key financial contact for Director, Lead Production Accountant and VP, Finance for financial reporting deliverables
- Own bank reconciliations across 50+ active bank accounts and abide by AETVN corporate accounting treasury policies and procedures
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations and asset valuation adjustments in conjunction with corporate accounting and finance
- Own P-CARD creation, account management and reconciliations for programs in production
- Track Purchase Orders and follow up directly with clients on discrepancies
- Assist with closing out of completed programs
- Cross train responsibilities with other team members
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You’ll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you’ll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you’ll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you’ll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
- 5-10 Years of Production Accounting Experience
- Experience with fast-paced production environment
- Experience with accounts payable, payroll and standard production labor partners (i.e. Entertainment Partners)
- Experience with Smart Start, Smart Accounting and Global Vista
- Ability to manage multiple cost reports simultaneously, including ability to explain variances to production team and line producers
- Excellent general ledger management and reconciliation skills
- Can work well in a group of other accountants
- Excellent communication skills