GMA has an opening for Senior Producer on the first hour of the nation’s #1 morning show.
This Senior Producer will be tasked with helping to program and oversee segments in the 7 am to 8 am hour of the broadcast and helping to mentor and oversee a team of producers, writers and more. This individual will work closely with the Head of the First Hour and the Executive Producer on show decisions as well as news operations to create first-rate content and ensure the effective use of show resources. The senior producer must have excellent news judgment, a creative vision, advanced scripting skills, live control room experience and be well-versed in graphics workflow, line producing, talent management, and studio operations. This position requires a Sunday-Thursday work week and may at times require additional flexible hours.
- Candidates should excel at all aspects of Senior Producing: pitching daily story ideas, crafting distinctive coverage, scripting, management of production teams in the field and in edit, and live studio producing in high-pressure environment. Must have strong experience in conceiving, setting up and executing both newsy and creative lifestyle segments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience producing for a live show at the large market, cable or network level
- Demonstrated experience building a rundown
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to independently manage and motivate a team
- Experience in making editorial judgements as well as an overall understanding of breaking news
- Previous management of large teams is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.