This position will focus primarily on Local Now, an OTT platform that delivers free local news, hundreds of free streaming channels, and thousands of on-demand free movies.
As the Allen Media Group’s digital footprint increases, we are looking for smart, creative, motivated, and hard working people to help grow the business into a streaming empire. This position will focus primarily on Local Now, an OTT platform that delivers free local news, hundreds of free streaming channels, and thousands of on-demand free movies. The position will also offer an opportunity to bring their experience to AMG’s other streaming products as well.
This position will be responsible for acquiring new users and increasing engagement on the Local Now TV app and other emerging AMG streaming platforms. They will work closely with the product, research, PR and distribution teams to learn about the product, refine the target audience and lead all B2C marketing efforts to grow the user base and increase time spent in the app. This data driven position will work closely with the Strategic Insights team to leverage research and insights to drive growth and retention of our streaming users. Reporting to the Director of marketing, this marketing manager will play a key leadership role on the AMG marketing team by leading all customer acquisition efforts, being the primary point of contact with our external media agency and internal creative resources, ensuring that our teams stay on brand as they continue to support the growth of the Local Now TV app and other AMG streaming platforms.
You will collaborate with the marketing, PR, and social media teams to acquire and retain users on the apps and will apply your knowledge of media planning and implementation across various digital platforms to grow AMG’s digital footprint. You will work with our creative team to develop and test new creative.
You will partner with the product team to comprehensively understand the Local Now TV app and other AMG OTT offerings and provide feedback to enhance the customer experience to ultimately improve acquisition and retention efforts.
You will have specialized knowledge of digital media and understand best practices to drive high quality growth for the organization. In addition to understanding how to build and evaluate an effective media plan, you will also have intimate knowledge of key retention and engagement efforts, such as running push and email campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and report on measurable media goals for our campaigns
- Own the development/management of effective integrated media plans and buys
- Collaborate with internal creative resources to develop and test new campaign advertising creative.
- Educate the marketing team on targeting and media capabilities
- Meet with internal marketing clients to guide media planning/buying strategies
- Work with marketing leaders to maintain and update media plans; includes budgeting/POs, execution, reporting, optimization and invoices/purchase orders
- Develop and execute new and effective paid media campaigns across display, video, search, social media, content syndication and other channels.
- Report on overall performance to evaluate campaign effectiveness and recommend adjustments
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends, pilot new media programs and innovative opportunities to reach targets and always be testing
- Partner effectively with product, creative, research/insights, social media and content teams to develop winning media strategies that overdeliver against KPIs, etc.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or equivalent field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 4 years experience managing organic and paid media campaigns
- Demonstrated experience with growing digital products/platforms, with an emphasis on driving growth to OTT or mobile apps
- Demonstrated experience in using data, research, and strategic insights to inform marketing decisions
- Demonstrated experience in developing unique, value-building, marketing campaigns
- Experience develop advertising creative, with a focus on digital marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- You thrive at analyzing data, thinking creatively, and making sure marketing campaigns reach their target audience using the most effective mix of owned, earned and paid channels.
- You know that the perfect recipe of media and channels can change the way consumers understand our mission, help us build new communities and accelerate adoption of our products.
- You’re forever dreaming up ways to optimize media plans to boost outcomes for marketing campaigns.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects and maintain your focus on hitting key objectives.