The Senior Director of Social Media has the primary responsibility of brand development and growth. They will build effective content strategies that identify and engage the audience, sets clear objectives, get results and boost conversions.
This role will lead all aspects of social media content for BET Networks scripted & unscripted original linear shows, acquisitions, and specials, tentpoles, originals, daily/thematic social content, and offline events like the House of BET that is sticky or qualifies for organic partnerships.
This position will report to the Vice President of Social Media. The ideal candidate is strategic and creative, an “out-of-the-box” thinker, adept in the Digital/Social space, who keeps current on cultural trends and is familiar with the BET voice and audience, is well-organized, analytical, meticulous, detailed with strong communication, writing and presentation skills, and can multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Write, plan, implement and monitor social media marketing/platform strategies and campaigns to achieve department goals (views, engagement, impressions, sales).
- Oversee content development, distribution, and community management across all major social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Snapchat.
- Track, analyze and report performance, identifying and implementing recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with the Branded Content Lead and Tentpole Lead to develop sponsored content opportunities and treatments in support of digital/social originals, linear scripted, tentpoles, etc.
- Develop and coordinate production process, ensuring team accurately handles concept development - including managing budget, timeline, restrictions, talent/influencer selection and various partner inputs (legal, talent, PR, etc.).
- Oversee and lead editorial calendar that incorporates overall social media strategy.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media standard methodologies, trends and technologies, including developments in designs, applications, platforms, strategy and innovation.
- Bring a unique, creative vision, strong editorial voice, and deep passion for social media and identifying new sources of content/talent as well as new formats for storytelling.
- Strong collaborator and able to lead, handle and train the team as needed.
- Hire and supervise dedicated creatives, including PBE’s, content creators, and oversee social media campaign objectives and success.
- Operate in an urgent, timely and agile manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel required.
- 8+ years of crafting/producing/editing social content and developing strategy at a media publisher and 5+ years of field production.
- Undergraduate degree in Media/Film/TV, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Sales or Marketing preferred but not required.
- Experience with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Canva or other tools.
- Experience with analytic tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout, Hootsuite, Google Analytics etc.
- Experience producing live-streams for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- A successful history in the digital and social media landscape, including crafting content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and other platforms, including branded and sponsored content.
- Proficient in creating PowerPoint presentations and writing strategy.
- Familiar with storyboarding, episode overviews, shot lists, interview questions, physical production, ideating, crafting a narrative, capturing the moments, and producing compelling content.
- Experience working with Sales and Platform partners.
- Experience developing creative concepts into long form and short form series and specials.
- Experience creating behind the scenes' content on Film & TV sets, interviewing actors and celebrity talent.