KFMB, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in San Diego, CA, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Editor/Photographer to join the KFMB marketing department to assist with our local lifestyle marketing show.
Greater San Diego Area
Jul 14, 2022
San Diego Living showcases local businesses, products and places that make San Diego “America’s Finest City.”
This position will work closely with the San Diego Living Executive Producer/Host to edit and shoot a variety of client-supported San Diego Living segments. This candidate should have a desire to grow as a content creator and, on occasion, may be called on to contribute to on-air segments.
Candidate must have strong editing and shooting skills with a genuine passion for editing.
Must be a positive team player and thrive in the pressures of a Live to tape advertorial production.
This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Edit and shoot compelling lifestyle and sponsored content for on-air, social, digital platforms.
- Gather assets and track projects to completion with excellent project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and address multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Manage internal and external campaign deadlines.
- Candidate must have a compelling, dynamic portfolio that presents a detailed, creative eye for visual storytelling
- Must have demonstrated experience with shooting high quality interviews and proven capabilities in shot composition, lighting and creative visual storytelling
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to take direction
- Highly skilled in video editing with proven track record working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have expertise in post-production workflows and implementing notes on cuts from stakeholders
- Responsible for delivering quick-turn, high-priority client segments on tight deadlines
- Have a passion for digital video content, excellent instincts on digital and social landscape
- Excellent communication skills, creativity, desire to learn is a must
- Ideal candidate is focused on creating and maintaining positive, professional relationship with clients and is experienced and enthusiastic about working as part of a team
- Must be able to collaborate with production, sales, marketing, digital and traffic teams.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend
- Adobe Premiere Pro, ENPS, Edius, Adobe Creative Suite, experience with GoPro preferred.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at KFMB you must complete the online application on the job page found on: www.cbs8.com attach your resume and cover letter.