The Promotions Assistant- Digital Content Creator will be embedded within our Memphis Promotions department and work directly with Programming, Promotions & Sales staff to create, edit, publish, optimize, distribute and various forms of digital content, with the goal of growing audience and market share.
CUMULUS MEDIA | Memphis is looking to add a creative Promotions Assistant- Digital Content Creator to join our team. This position will be reporting to the Promotions Director and offer support in the growth of our digital audiences and station promotional efforts.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Memphis currently features 4 stations in the Memphis metro area: WGKX/KIX 106, WKIM/Newstalk 98.9, WXMX/98.1 the Max, WRBO/103.5 WRBO. At Cumulus Memphis we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who can drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
The Promotions Assistant- Digital Content Creator will be embedded within our Memphis Promotions department and work directly with Programming, Promotions & Sales staff to create, edit, publish, optimize, distribute and various forms of digital content, with the goal of growing audience and market share. We are looking for a creative, skilled, and organized digital content creator to create social media and other digital content (video, graphic design, motion graphics) for 4 distinct Memphis radio station brands, as well as assistant in the day to day promotional efforts. Our digital content creator will get to know our brands, their audience, and on-air personalities; and help connect all-of-the-above through fun and engaging content
Responsible for the production & distribution of digital media content for 4 distinct Memphis radio station brands. (KIX 106, 98.1 the Max, Newstalk 98.9 and 103.5 WRBO)
Creates, edits, publishes, and manages a full range of content for programming, promotions and sales.
Maintain digital content calendar(s) containing priority events, initiatives, and opportunities.
Publishes & optimizes content for multiple digital platforms, websites, mobile apps and social networks.
Manage social media account(s) and experiment with new formats for social media content creation.
Coordinate, build, and publish e-mail newsletters, text blasts, push notifications, online contests, etc.
This role is accountable for building capability across our station brands to think and act digitally by generating engaging, compelling and timely content that will increase of our digital footprint and ultimately grow audience and market share.
Assist in planning, organizing & execution of promotional events and digital campaigns.
Assisting the Promotions and Marketing Department with projects as needed in the office.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital media content creation and audience growth preferred
- Dynamic and creative voice, with mastery of English spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Excellent knowledge of social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and ability to understand and explain accompanying metrics.
- Understanding of social content marketing trends and best practices.
- High proficiency with computers, software and new technologies.
- Proficiency in SEO, SEM, Google Ad Manager, Campaign Manager, Analytics (Preferred).
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, confidential information and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-environment and juggle competing priorities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments.
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to work varied schedules, including some nights and some weekends, and travel throughout Memphis metroplex to capture content at various events & activations.
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions