Sesame Workshop is looking for a Project Manager, US Social Impact. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing US Social Impact initiatives which may include content creation and production, marketing and creative design, social media, research, and events.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Aug 15, 2022
The PM coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, on brand, and achieve the goals of USSI and Sesame Workshop. This position requires an individual with knowledge of project management, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task. It also requires a person with effective communication skills who can build the internal and external relationships required to keep projects on track.
- Create and manage detailed work plans on USSI initiatives including timelines, production, marketing and communications, creative design, events, social media, and research to fulfill proposal key performance indicators and achieve USSI priorities.
- Facilitate budget management by monitoring cost reports, coordinating with internal Sesame Workshop stakeholders on spend and invoicing, identifying trends and problem-solving, under the direction of the project leader.
- Lead and provide ongoing relationship management and logistical support to implementation partners.
- Analyze and synthesize data on USSI marketing efforts as well as early child development trends in alignment with the USSI content team.
- Communicate with internal and/or external stakeholders on initiative updates or project deliverables.
- Gather budget and project information contributing to proposal or project reports.
- Participate in USSI and other cross-department meetings.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and scaling of USSI initiatives including Sesame Street in Communities, Autism and Military pillars.
- Coordinate logistics for travel, events, or walkarounds related to initiatives.
- Proactively identify challenges and work with the team to creatively solve problems.
- 3+ years of professional experience working on project management in social impact, early childhood development, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of work plans, budgets, timelines, communication tools, and key performance indicators.
- Attention to detail and time management skills, including prioritizing, juggling multiple assignments, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written and oral presentations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Proficiency in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc.).
- Self-motivated and initiative-driven
- Ability to travel domestically when travel and safety restrictions are lifted.