CUMULUS MEDIA | ATLANTA is searching for an experienced Program Director for our WNNX-FM (99X) station. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating strong brands and must have a strong background and passion for classic rock music.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
May 24, 2023
CUMULUS MEDIA | ATLANTA is searching for an experienced Program Director for our WNNX-FM (99X) station. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating strong brands and must have a strong background and passion for classic rock music. Energy, enthusiasm and experience within the genre is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including music scheduling, managing on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales & programming promotions, website & social media, digital content and have a strong understanding of the core audience of a AC format. The position may also require a daily on air shift, along with a weekend voice track shift and/or live appearances and live remotes!
We’re looking for a track record of success. Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional PD, On-Air and web/social media skills. Digital and social strategies must be as engaging as on-air tactics and execution. The best candidates will be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. Excellent writing and production skills to image and brand your stations are essential. People skills and the ability to work closely with talent, department heads and a talented sales team are critical.
- Create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of (insert stations here) through all distribution channels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability
- Successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance
- Deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
- Work closely with marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
- Operate (as needed) control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment as well as music scheduling software
- Minimum 3 years’ of successful programming experience and winning track record backed by Nielsen Audio results preferred
- Strong social and digital experience
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency with ratings, research and music (Stratus) programs
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff, departments and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- A strong understanding of PPM / Nielsen Ratings and ability to interpret various kinds of research
- Deep knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
- Have and build great relationships in the music / entertainment community with a deep contact list