We are expanding and growing NBC News Now big time and fast. We need Production Assistants who thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing and deadline driven team environment.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 06, 2023
Get in touch if you love to edit video, work with graphics and want to jump start your career in journalism.
But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Edit fixes, and network cutdowns for primetime broadcasts.
- Support show teams as needed, working closely with Associate Producers and Producers assisting them in editing video and graphics for live broadcast.
- Coordinate with show teams to deliver live events and fixed blocks to our network’s master control.
- Help research and fact check stories with speed and accuracy.
- Pitch smart and engaging stories for daily and future segments that will resonate with our audience.
- Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories.
- Occasionally work independently on video projects - including shooting, editing, and scripting – under the supervision of Senior Producers.
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
- You’ve worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for at 1+ years.
- You know how to edit video on Premiere and/or Avid.
- You’ve got an interest and passion for journalism and are up on the latest news across multiple subject areas.
- You are able to handle multiple projects with attention to detail under intense deadline.
- You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short.
- You thrive working in a collaborative team environment.
- You pay attention to the details of everything you work on.
- You’re ready to jump in on projects as they come up.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- You are willing to work in New York, New York.
Salary range: $20-$25/hr.