The Producer, Social Media will produce, write, and edit social media copy and content for 60 MINUTES, 60 MINUTES+ on Paramount+ and other 60 MINUTES platforms.
Greater New York City Area
Dec 01, 2021
The ideal candidate will have at least 4-6 years of news production experience, and be an exemplary writer with a singular focus on style and syntax. You should also be able to work flexible hours as the broadcast production schedule dictates and have a canny ability to play diplomat and bridge diverse personalities and teams. You will be the owner and primary executor of 60 MINUTES’ voice on social media, as we work to engage existing fans on attract new ones.
• A minimum of 4-6 years of network, cable and/or local TV news experience or show producer experience.
• Position demands strong editorial judgement and excellent writing skills.
• Position requires highly developed relationship building skills.
• Candidate should possess ability to multi-task and excel in a dynamic, quickly changing environment.
• A strong sense of editorial fairness, and a keen understanding of the stakes of producing accurate copy and content.
• Video and photo editing skills are a plus. Experience and comfort and Adobe Premiere/Photoshop/Creative suite and/or Avid to edit content for social media platforms.
• Ability to understand breaking news platforms and obtain rights and clearances for various media usages.
• Understanding of TV production process and workflows, and how social copy drives and supports audience loyalty and growth.