CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One - Washington, DC has an immediate opening for a part time Producer to support the Jim Bohannon Show, America in the Morning and First Light.
The Producer performs all the functions of the producer for vacation relief and other times and will assist with the production of the programs, including news assignments, call screening, podcast and archive uploading, and other responsibilities as needed. The ideal candidate should have a strong knowledge of news events and passion radio. They must be able to multitask and handle a fast-paced working environment, be detail-oriented, prompt and reliable, thrive on working as part of a team and respond well to direction. Must possess excellent writing and storytelling skills.
Who We Are:
Westwood One, the national-facing arm of CUMULUS MEDIA, offers iconic, nationally syndicated sports, news, and entertainment content to more than 250 million monthly listeners across an audio network of nearly 7,300 affiliated broadcast radio stations and media partners. Westwood One is the largest audio network in America, home to premium content that defines the culture, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, CNN, the AP, the Academy of Country Music Awards, and Westwood One Backstage. The rapidly growing Cumulus Podcast Network delivers popular network and industry personalities and programs. Westwood One connects listeners with their passions through programs and platforms that have everyone listening.
- Running a broadcast board for a live syndicated radio program within the show clock
- Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming
- Regulate timing of the program
- Operate the delay system to ensure that inappropriate language does not get on the air
- Call screening for the Jim Bohannon Show
- Produce news-intensive morning shows, including content prep, audio editing, production, and other duties related to the show
- Show prep including researching guests and creating a daily briefing for the host
- Update audio for automation, and save shows to the archive
- Must be able to multitask
- Available to work evening and overnights as needed, on a fill in basis
- Familiarity with automation systems and show formats and clocks
- Proficient in audio editing software like Adobe Audition
- Time management and attention to detail
- Dependability and reliability a must
- At least 1 year experience in the same / similar position in a mid- to major radio market
- Must be able to work holidays
- Must be able to run a broadcast audio console
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).