The station is seeking a full-time Producer/Director who can visualize and take projects from conception to completion while engaged in all facets of the process.
WTVP is growing again and expanding! The PBS affiliated station serving Peoria, Bloomington, and Galesburg Illinois, produces a variety of local programming for both digital platforms and broadcast. Original local programs include historical and topical documentaries, public affairs, performance specials, profiles, fund raising and contract work for outside agencies.
The station is seeking a full-time Producer/Director who can visualize and take projects from conception to completion while engaged in all facets of the process. This individual will join the station’s award-winning production staff, must be a self-starter, and report to the Executive Producer and the Senior Producer/Director. Responsibilities include planning, writing, shooting, editing, and finalizing productions for distribution.
Ideal candidates must possess excellent written, verbal and personal communication skills as well as demonstrated knowledge of script writing, editing, field shooting and lighting, computer skills, and working with budgets. Ideally, candidates will have at least four years of hands-on experience in both field and studio production plus long form shows such as documentaries.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary with benefits including health insurance (65% company paid), 2 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, and a 401(k) with 5% flat match after 6 months. Salary based on experience.
Deadline to apply: March 19,2022
WTVP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with staff to plan and implement productions as assigned.
- Produce and direct both field and studio projects.
- Write and prepare scripts for on-air talent.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere edit program.
- Be able to operate field cameras.
- Complete projects to meet on-air deadlines.
- Have a firm knowledge of field and studio lighting.
- Work within a set budget.
- Direct multi-camera studio productions
- Be able to direct crew members in various tasks.