KING 5 is looking for a creative Digital Content Producer for our original lifestyle and entertainment programs, including Evening and New Day Northwest. This person will create, optimize, and distribute content to involve, entertain and engage our diverse audience and connect people to each other.
Greater Seattle Area
May 19, 2023
KING 5 is looking for a creative Digital Content Producer for our original lifestyle and entertainment programs, including Evening and New Day Northwest. This person will create, optimize, and distribute content to involve, entertain and engage our diverse audience and connect people to each other. They will work collaboratively across all platforms and departments, from programming to sales to marketing, to help deliver results for clients and serve the audience. This person reports to the Director of Digital Content.
- Execute and distribute digital content for the programming team and sales partners, in the form of digital articles, social videos, photos, contest sites, video segments, graphics, text campaigns and photos and videos from our audience
- Copyedit and optimize content created by other members of the programming department, including hosts, producers and interns, with a focus on best practices and search engine optimization
- Manage social accounts for New Day NW and Evening, including writing status updates, monitoring messages and comments, and finding creative ways to engage the social audience
- Gather social content in-studio or on location when necessary
- Optimize social posts for sales partners across all brand pages, including the main KING 5 Facebook page
- Look for opportunities to connect social to TV using tools like Tagboard and Heymarket (texting)
- Ensure the highest quality product on all platforms, from the website to YouTube to social media platforms, with an eye for detail, formatting and accuracy
- Track digital and social metrics to improve strategy, inform future content choices
- Work on special projects and events, including, but not limited to, Best of Western Washington, to events such as New Years at the Needle and Home Team Harvest
Budgeted Compensation Range: $24.04 - $27.89 hourly
- 1-2 years of experience creating digital content for multiple platforms and social media management
- Able to work on weekdays, and occasional weekends and evenings as needed
- Knowledge of AP style and copy editing
- Experience with online CMS systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of social media platforms and channels, such as Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook
- Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of best practices in SEO, as well as familiarity with photo editing software
- Demonstrated photography and video editing skills
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and interact effectively with diverse individuals to build successful working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Digital marketing and social media experience with brands
- Love of pop culture / TV / social media / digital entertainment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.