Cable 14 is looking to hire a skilled Producer who is both experienced and passionate about the creation of content.
This key role will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of pre-recorded and live productions in studio, EFP and mobile productions on location within the Greater Hamilton community.
We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter, ready to make a big impact and will get stuff done. The successful candidate is naturally curious and willing to suggest new and innovative creative ways to deliver content.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Produce a wide variety of shows and interstitial content including studio, EFP and mobile productions. Formats range from studio or Zoom-based talk shows to cooking shows, news, sports coverage, election debates, parades, station IDs, promos and public service announcements.
- Work closely with the volunteer team and students, mentoring production and on-air volunteers to help them improve in what they do and make their experience with us a good one.
- Focus on “Community Relations”, which includes participating in events on behalf of the company and acting as a company/brand ambassador in the community.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with a diverse and expanding group of community partners.
- Ensure consistent application of Company image, logo and identification as per the Company standards. Identify opportunities for branding and company promotions within the community. You will seek opportunities to leverage the company and department profile through internal and external partnerships, sponsorships and production activities.
WHAT YOU PERSONALLY BRING…
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a television producer, in both control room and mobile environments.
- Previous employment experience in a Community Television environment would be considered an asset.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree, a certificate in television production and/or related experience.
- A highly motivated person who is a team player to work with volunteers, organizations, people, sports teams, politicians and more.
- A strong creative mind that understands what’s needed to work with the community in producing local programming.
- A creative, outgoing, organized and open-minded individual that uses their dynamic personality to work seamlessly within a team environment.
- Passion for the people, places and stories that shape the community.
- A bold, strategic and creative thinker.
WHAT SPECIFIC SKILLS YOU BRING…
- Excellent studio and mobile production skills with experience in all key production positions.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills, especially in a live production environment.
- Proficient editing skills, specifically with Adobe Premiere.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent computer skills on both Mac and PC.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume and link to your demo no later than 5:00 pm (local time) on April 25, 2022, via the apply now button below: