Our Previs Modeler must be able to take artistic direction from a wide spectrum of sources to produce environments, props, and characters that best represent the director's vision.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 11, 2022
The ideal Previs Modeler will have a strong sense of design and feel comfortable filling in the gaps of information to ensure each asset looks its best.
Strong Knowledge of low-polygon modeling is a must and as well as good knowledge of real-time OpenGL techniques for lighting and FX.
*** Project based position. ***
Projects on site in Los Angeles
- Design accurate models from storyboards, concept art, and/or script pages.
- Build lower resolution assets for both organic and hard surface - characters, creatures, props, and environments
- Texture, rig, and light models quickly and efficiently.
- Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
- Understand concepts that are used heavily in previs such as the creation alpha/transparency cards and animated UV's for visual effects.
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the technical specifications for each project.
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed
- Autodesk Maya
- Substance Painter
- Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)
- Mudbox (a plus)
- ZBrush (a plus)
- Unity or Unreal (a plus)
- To be considered: include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.
- The modeling work shown should include characters, props and environments. Wire frames and textures must be shown for proper consideration. Here is a guide to help understand what TTF is looking for in a demo reel.
- Asset Builders are part of TTF’s very agile creative teams, sometimes working at various production locations for our major studio clients. Willingness to travel is a plus. This is a great chance to work on-site with some of the biggest names in the industry!