Oversee media management on ITVS servers and file sharing programs to ensure all assets are correctly placed and server space is being used efficiently.
The person in this role will report into, and work collaboratively with, the Creative Director. Responsibilities include: building best in class media management workflows that set standards for the organization; being an essential support of the content pipeline; working to understand the entire media production life cycle; determining and defining best practices for media operations workflow solutions to support teams in the Programming and Production department and teams in the Audience Development department; working closely with producers, editors, media operations, and technology teams; overseeing media ingest, transcoding, media management, archiving, preparation of all media assets, and file delivery using PBS MAM and Media Shuttle; and preserving content in ITVS’s Digital Library.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee media management on ITVS servers and file sharing programs to ensure all assets are correctly placed and server space is being used efficiently.
- Evaluate and project manage implementation of technical post production solutions across departments, IT and end-users.
- Communicate with PBS around technical delivery and requirements.
- Act as the first point of contact for filmmakers and vendors (including post production houses) around technical requirements and issues.
- Manages all communications and tracks all progress in regards to technical deliverables.
- Conduct regular audits of workflows and pipelines to ensure post-production efficiency.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of media ensuring all elements meet ITVS/PBS technical specifications.
- Work collaboratively with team members on assisting in organizing, archiving, and purging media.
- Troubleshoot and oversee improvements to our asset management workflows.
- Manage ingest of a high volume assets via Media Shuttle and distribution to internal and external partners.
- Track and monitor ITVS digital and tape archive of legacy assets, including transitioning existing archive into the digital space.
- Keep up with industry best practices and innovations and maintain close, collaborative relationships with vendors and PBS.
- Provide enthusiastic and exceptional customer service, anticipating partner needs, handling inquiries, and resolving issues.
- Contribute to developing ITVS culture by proactively participating in institutional programs and staff events.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- An understanding of post production workflows and formats for both digital and broadcast delivery.
- Ability to communicate technical terms with filmmakers, vendors, and post production specialists.
- Detail-oriented with tracking rights information and project deliverables.
- Effective at multitasking and prioritizing in order to meet deadlines, and able to work collaboratively with other media teams using a shared methodology.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Capable of working collaboratively, possesses sound judgment, and is practical-minded and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized; must be detail driven production technologists who can anticipate workflows and editorial needs, and produce reliable results.
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Required: Minimum 3-4 years experience in video/post-production environment.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Required: Experience working with a MAM and/or DAM system.
- Required: In-depth knowledge (from short to long-form) of camera original media, production codecs, UHD, SDR, and HDR formats
- Required: Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere or similar editing software.
This is an exempt position that offers a base salary of $75,000.00 with a robust benefits package.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.