TelevisaUnivision Local Media, has an immediate opening for a temporary photographer/editor. This position will be responsible for shooting and editing for the station’s newscasts.
Live Event / On Location Services
Sacramento, California Area
Apr 24, 2023
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: shooting, editing, daily newsgathering, and reporting as well as appearances at community and station events in a fast-paced, extremely competitive market.
- Produce and report news stories using ENG equipment, non-linear editing equipment, and related broadcasting equipment and newsroom computer systems.
- Go to news sites in all types of weather and capture newsworthy events as they happen.
- Go to news sites in all types of weather and capture newsworthy events.
- Be able to work closely with our Reporters to produce compelling, significant stories.
- Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- Covering specialized consumer content, day-to-day news stories and long-term assignments
- Maintain assigned photography gear and vehicles and operate in a safe manner
- Work well with P2 and XD cameras to shoot interviews
- Establish a good working-relationship with newscast producers and co-anchors to ensure a well-paced, accurate and informative broadcast.
- Must be a strong and fast writer and have solid news judgment as a Producer.
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Technical/College School degree and 2 years’ college preferred, but may consider 2 years’ experience in lieu of degree if all qualifications are met
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills both written and oral
- A thorough knowledge of all ENG practices is required.
- Must have working knowledge of television news photography and technology
- Must be able to shoot with P2 and XD Cameras, and edit under deadline pressure
- Be able to lift and carry broadcast video equipment (approximately 45 pounds), and have manual dexterity in use of keyboard, video editing equipment (linear and non-linear) video machines, server-based video editing and playback systems and other broadcast equipment. Avid,Final Cut Pro and Adobe CS Suite required
- Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver’s license, along with the ability to drive daily
- Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing equipment
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience in broadcast news experience in Spanish language broadcasting as reporter or photographer/editor
- Needs to be able to work on tight deadlines, with a reporter or independently
- Able to improvise when situation warrants
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Skills to be a problem solver
- Creative with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under extreme pressure, and communicate effectively
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States