11Alive is looking for an experienced Part Time Temporary Producer for our daily newscasts.
This person will work collaboratively with show’s Assistant News Director, Senior Executive Producer, and Senior Producer to execute editorial vision of the day.
- Supervise editorial content & daily rundown changes
- Pitch story ideas for day of, next day and future
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and authentic manner
- Oversee all in-show graphics and show titles
- Adept using social media and digital tools to discover & research stories, using reliable sources
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Preview accuracy of upcoming video & graphics
- Preview upcoming stories, packages and segments
- Time show effectively and communicate with anchors, reporters and other talent on time cues/roll cues
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- 2 plus years of experience line producing a newscast
- Exceptional news judgement and ability to visually tell stories
- Editorial experience in fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments
- Excellent broadcast communication skills
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.