NBC News is seeking a NABET camera person to assist with our daily newsgathering operations and special projects.
This candidate will be expected to perform multiple field and technical duties, including multicamera remote production, producing and field editing. One-person crew operations (video/sound) will also be required. A successful candidate must be a clear thinker and effective leader.
-Deploy, operate and maintain cameras, along with batteries and chargers
-Deploy, operate and maintain Live U and digital satellite laptop IP systems in both urban and rural settings worldwide.
-Deploy, operate and maintain compliment of portable lighting equipment to include LED, Incandescent, and fluorescent fixtures, stands, extension arms, silks, scrims and flags.
-Design, plan, implement and manage the appropriate technical infrastructures at remote television productions consistent with budgetary guidelines.
This is a NABET position. Candidate must be willing to join NABET if not already a member.
This position is located in Chicago and Dallas locations, and is expected to work weekends.
-Must have 5+ years major market experience in shooting news and feature programming productions
-Must have experience in satellite telephone operation, store and forward video, and live field production
-Strong NLE skills necessary in both field situation and bureau work.
- Previous ability and experience to accurately assess risk levels in remote locations and establish sound safety parameters for all new personnel operating there.
- Previous experience in the operation of SD and HD digital camcorders, portable lighting systems, RF audio system operation, transmission and sound mixing required.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Must be willing to travel, often times with short notice. - This may also include travel overseas to areas of hostile conflict as well as natural disasters, protests, etc. HEAT and situation awareness training desired.
- Valid Drone license desired.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
• Someone with creativity, demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Can work independently and react quickly to challenging situations, using good news judgment.
• Previous experience with a stedicam and/or jimmy-jib is preferable, but not required.
• Someone with a passion for news and journalistic prowess.