Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
Houston, Texas Area
Jan 20, 2023
KTMD is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with outstanding writing and verbal communications skills.
- You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including broadcast, digital and mobile.
- Must be able to work independently using field cameras or cell phone for news gathering.
- Individual must also have knowledge of non-linear editing systems.
- Must deliver news reports, including live reports, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality
- Must represent the station in a professional manner, in person and on social media
- The MMJ will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
- This position will report to the Assistant News Director & Executive Producer.
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
· Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
· Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
· Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
· Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
· Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
· A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
· Excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
· Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
· Must be able to work weekends, holidays as necessary.
· Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· The position requires traveling.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
· Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
· Candidate must work effectively with others in a team oriented environment.