The Multi-Media Journalist shoots, gathers information, edits, prepares, writes, and disseminates general news information and video on the air, online and on social media.
Greater Atlanta Area
May 16, 2022
- Expected to use contacts and sources to cultivate story ideas daily, and be an active participant in the news editorial planning process.
- Interviews subjects in the field and gathers news information for the purpose of producing news reports and generating other content for newscasts and digital platforms.
- Candidate must be proficient in live storytelling for extended breaking news or weather coverage.
- Must be proficient in integrating graphics, video and audio into cohesive packages for use in newscasts or webcasts and must be capable of presenting stories live in studio and on remote locations assuming all responsibility for the final content and presentation.
- Position is expected to actively contribute to social media accounts on platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram on behalf of the station.
- Produces news reports and live content for broadcast and publishes editorial content, including text and images in the station’s website Content Management System.
- Must be able to travel on overnight assignments and be capable of using file-based video systems designed to deliver material to the station via computer while on assignment.
- Expected to make occasional promotional appearances on behalf of the station and must communicate clearly and deal effectively and politely with the public in person, over the phone and via the Internet.
- Must possess exceptional writing skills, be proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation and must be able to use conversational broadcast copy style efficiently under daily deadline pressure.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Excellent on-camera delivery and communication skills required.
- Candidate must be able to make independent editorial decisions in the field, and able to prioritize and work under daily deadline pressure.
- Must be experienced with Sony camcorders (or similar) and Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar) non-linear editing system.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred.
- Two years of experience as an MMJ at a commercial television station preferred.
Day, Evening, Overnight