The TEGNA Design Tank in Denver, Colorado is expanding, and we are in search of a talented Motion Graphic Designer to be part of its internal creative department servicing our broadcast television stations, ad sales marketing and digital platforms.
The Motion Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating complex animated graphics and infographics, kinetic typography and video pre & post-production. They will work with a team of other artists and designers that will support all of the TEGNA television stations on a daily basis. The position works closely with the Creative Director, Design Director and the Production Coordinators, as well as with employees within all of the TEGNA stations across the country during certain projects.
• Design and animate broadcast graphics for TEGNA stations (including logo design, informational graphics, branding and marketing projects)
• Communicate with stations about projects and daily graphics
• Design for print related projects on occasion
• Learn various CG design software (Chryon/Vertigo) and participate in template creation as needed
Pay Range: $19.23 – $21.63 per hour
Note: Due to Covid-19, the entire staff at the TEGNA Design Tank is currently working from home (remote). This position will likely require the employee to work from home as well as from the Tank office in Denver, Colorado.
• Candidate must have had formal training in design/art and preferably motion at trade school or college, please don’t apply if you are not a designer
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Broadcast experience desired
• 1-3 years’ experience as a motion graphic designer in a professional graphic design environment is preferred, recent graduates are also encouraged to apply!
• Strong executional skills in Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects, Cinema 4D and Premiere Pro are also preferred, any Chyron/Vertigo experience is a nice to have
• Excellent design and animation skills
• A professional portfolio chalked full of compelling and aspirational designs. We want to see your design chops!
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Able to perform under very tight deadlines
• Able to react to change and take direction effectively and productively
• Strong spelling and grammar skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends