The Manager will assist the Head of Visual Development in research, formulating visual and some development ideas, and help keep the Head of Visual Development informed about the evolving developments across on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Greater Los Angeles Area
At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Visual Development Manager will report to the Head of Visual Development on a number of roles. The Manager will assist the Head of Visual Development in research, formulating visual and some development ideas, and help keep the Head of Visual Development informed about the evolving developments across on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In the role, the Manager will compile notes on creative materials, coordinating visual development.
- Provide and compile notes on all written and visual development materials such as bibles, scripts, character and background art, etc.
- Research Marvel comics or other sources for inspiration.
- Research and recommend talent in the visual development field.
- Build strong relationships by interfacing with departments in the organization including live action and animation.
- Read scripts and glean information needed for the Head of Visual Development
- Watch dailies for the various projects and cue up important costume developments for the Head of Visual Development
- Help with scheduling the Head of Visual Development
- Special Projects assigned
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in television, feature film or animation production
- Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize large volumes of incoming inquiries and information.
- Confidence, ability and judgment to effectively communicate with high-level and distinguished creative colleagues.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Clear-thinking, straightforward approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of film, tv, animation production process.
- Knowledge of Excel, Keynote and Google Apps required; Photoshop and WordPress web design a plus.
- Flexibility to learn new software and systems as used in our internal processes.