This posting is for a Lighting Designer temporary assignment with Disney Live Entertainment at the Disneyland Resort.
The Lighting Designer develops lighting designs for new live shows, seasonal offerings, show remounts, and influences new scope and construction efforts.
You will report to the Principal Lighting Designer
- Oversee participation in a project's creative development, and for developing lighting designs for live shows and lighting infrastructure as assigned.
- Through execution of the creative processes for new live show lighting designs, manages all aspects of the design, development and realization of design intent.
- Accountabilities also include developing and providing input to project lighting budgets and labor requirements, maintaining documentation, partnering with production staff and vendors to ensure Disney quality, compatibility, training and proper documentation of all lighting services delivered
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/YOU WILL HAVE
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Entertainment Industry working in show development and a variety of lighting design applications Working knowledge of current technology and industry standards for all aspects of lighting design, (theatrical, industrial, concert, touring) as applied to live show and facility systems
- Proven ability to support the creative process by collaborating with other Designers, Directors, Writers and Producers
- Proven leadership abilities to work with a Master Electrician, Programmer and lighting crews to organize, instruct and problem-solve during installation, focus and programming through delivery of a project
- Proven ability to deliver on a project's established scope, schedule and budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express creative ideas
- Ability to work a flexible hybrid schedule - nights, weekends, holidays
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and industry specific software including Vectorworks and Lightwright
- Knowledge of lighting control systems, specifically ETC Mosaic Designer or ETC Eos, and/or GrandMA2
- Relevant experience in themed entertainment production or associated fields
- Experience with lighting systems integration, including low voltage lighting, show control concepts and practices, and intermediate networking
College degree or equivalent experience in theater and live entertainment lighting design
Master's degree or equivalent experience in theater and live entertainment lighting design