KXAS-TV, the NBCU local-owned station in Dallas-Fort Worth is looking for a highly creative, accomplished, investigative photojournalist/editor to join the station’s nationally recognized investigative unit.
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Aug 16, 2022
This is a rare opportunity to join an established team with a decade-long track record for producing impactful, award-winning investigations. You will be involved in developing projects from start to finish, putting your creative mark on the entire production process.
As a photojournalist and editor, you will help the team develop story ideas and shape the visual look of a wide range of investigative reports from the longer format, documentary-style projects for television and streaming platforms, to faster-paced investigations stemming from breaking news.
We are looking for someone who is highly versatile. Someone who can help conceive the stylistic feel of a streaming series, skillfully light magazine-style interviews, and edit multi-part projects but can also shift gears and shoot and edit quicker turn pieces and live shots when the unit is responding to breaking news or producing follow-up reports on rolling/developing investigations.
- Through the creative use of the camera, proficient lighting and editing skills will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
- Will operate camera and edit on Edius Pro edit systems.
- Help the team develop story ideas and shape the visual look of a wide range of investigative reports from the longer format, documentary-style projects for television and streaming platforms, to faster-paced investigations stemming from breaking news.
- Minimum 5 years of experience shooting video and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a Broadcast station.
- Minimum 5 years of experience operating communication tools and staying connected with the assignment constituencies (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience editing stories.
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must submit a tape of your own work to be considered.
- Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which include:
- Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 30 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot in remote locations.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- 5+ years as a photojournalist and editor in investigative, special projects, or consumer units.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Adobe After Effects
- Extensive experience with digital editing platforms such as Edius, Grass Valley Stratus, and Adobe Premier
- Experience shooting DSLR, mirrorless, or digital cinema camera formats
- Experience shooting and editing long format and/or documentary projects
- Certified FAA drone video operator license
- Ability to work a rapidly changing schedule that can require longer days, and later nights on short notice to meet project deadlines or respond to breaking news events.
- Ability to travel for projects that take the team across the state or beyond.