WBNS is currently accepting candidates for our Fall internships in both news/digital and sports. We are looking for passionate journalists who crave hands-on training.
Columbus, Ohio Area
Jun 23, 2022
With its cutting-edge technology and professional staff, WBNS-TV serves as a training ground for the development of new talent entering the broadcasting job market.
Through our internship program, today’s sharpest minds are involved firsthand with the many diverse jobs and responsibilities associated with the day-to-day operation of broadcast facilities.
Interns will learn all the ins and outs of a newsroom, including the on-air and the digital sides.
Many first-time broadcasters began their careers through experience and contacts made during internships.
- Dependent on the intern's interests and skills. Interns could work on producing, digital, sports, or with reporters/multi-skilled journalists.
- Ideal candidates are current college students in their Junior or Senior year, with at least a 3.0 GPA. Qualified students must have strong written and oral communication skills and be interested in a broadcasting career.
- Hours are to be arranged according to the needs of the department and the scheduling requirements of individual interns. Most part-time interns will work at least 20 hours per week, with specific days and times agreed upon in advance.
- Internships are paid per hour. WBNS does not offer college credit for internships.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.