Are you a Graphic Designer who loves transforming complex data and information into graphic stories? Is Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote your jam? Walt Disney Imagineering may be your next great career move!
The Information Designer is a vital part of the Walt Disney Imagineering project team, producing the visuals to represent ideas, strategies, process, plans, infographics and data throughout the creative production process, designing presentations, reports, and exhibits to appeal to a variety of audiences, and using various creative mediums to help bring Imagineering plans to life.
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio or website on your résumé.
You will report to Graphic Design Executive
- Collaborate with partners in Creative Development, Marketing, Finance, Global Business Development, Operations and Project Management
- Use visual storytelling skills to help focus attention on new ways of creating enhanced Guest experiences and driving long-term value
- Create and deliver compelling presentations, infographics, reports and exhibits to showcase key project several internal and external partners
- Create new ways of visualizing information and enhancing templates
- Work with Disney Intellectual Property to deliver relevant and engaging visuals
- Identify relevant assets and information to assemble presentation materials
- Perform research and reconciliation to provide reference materials
- Various technical tasks include preparing presentations, plotting/printing presentation materials, gathering required images and and visuals and maintain and updating reports
- Coordinate work with other creatives and design professionals as a key member of diverse multi-disciplinary team of varying backgrounds. Direct the work of other designers and/or intern(s) as needed.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Minimum three years' experience or education in Information Design, Graphic Design, or related practice
- Demonstrated mastery with Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Strong visual design background with experience in both print and digital mediums
- Ability to analyze data and complex information and translate into engaging messages accessible to a wide audience
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, typographic skills, color theory, and professional judgment in solving layout and hierarchy challenges
- Effective communication, verbal and written, with other team members and other groups to ensure content is accurate and appropriate. Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strategic & creative thinker with an understanding of information and data storytelling
- Knowledge of UI and UX as it applies to Information Design
Experience with Keynote and Google Earth Pro
Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college/university majoring in Graphic Design and/or Information Design (or comparable major).