The Graphics Coordinator at TODAY is the graphics contact for producers, directors, artists and playback operators during the broadcast. The coordinator reviews and modifies graphics orders, assigns uncompleted requests, and produces additional elements to enhance segments.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 17, 2023
The coordinator serves as the final evaluator of prepared graphics, ensuring elements are accurate, error-free, and made in accordance with the producers’ desires and the show’s look. The coordinator fulfills an integral role in the control room, alerting the director of the status and location of graphics, communicating with producers, and producing breaking news requests.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project/limited term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
- Manage graphics from conceptualization to completion, including animations, photographs, text panels and lower thirds
- Review, proof and assign existing graphics requests, generate additional elements to enhance stories
- Provide final evaluation of prepared graphics, ensuring elements are accurate, error-free, and in accordance with producers’ desires and the show’s look
- Mediate communication among senior leadership, producers, directors, artists and playback operators
- Forward continually evolving rundown changes to a variety of team contributors
- Review producers’ notes to develop an in-depth knowledge of all segments
- Monitor breaking news, research and produce elements to accompany
- Facilitate communication between the show and the legal department, provide rights and clearance guidance to senior leadership and producers
- Coordinate updates/repairs for other time zones
- Compose and communicate detailed, daily feedback for a diverse employee base
- Responsible for format of graphics in appropriate production monitors
- Brainstorm and troubleshoot future requests with show staff
- Develop and lead initiatives to improve graphics ordering, creation and playback processes
- Track previous orders to minimize workflow for recurring segments
- Maintain “Graphics How-To Guide” for entire staff’s reference
- Required to work regular overtime hours and holidays
- Minimum one year of production experience in Broadcast News
- Minimum one year of experience working with Graphics at the Network or Cable News level.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Willing to work early morning, late night, and weekend hours when needed.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in NYC.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to manage multiple, timely priorities simultaneously, utilizing advanced multitasking skills; ability to filter and direct attention to immediate needs
- Strong grammar, punctuation, spelling and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, ranging from senior leadership and producers to technical playback operators and graphics artists
- Self motivator and resourceful; able to work and seek answers independently
- Strong leadership presence and people management skills
- Ability to remain calm and react effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in current events and pop culture.
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
Salary range: $20-25/hour