NBC Sports Boston is seeking a Graphic Designer with a focus on graphic design, digital, and social experience to join the Marketing team.
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, the Graphic Designer will have a keen eye for design, modern graphic communications skills, a visual storytelling sense, and a strong interest in our brand while collaborating with a passionate team of content creators.
- Work closely with a small creative team, establishing design tonality and graphic look-and-feel for various properties in the NBC Sports Boston portfolio, including the Boston Celtics. This may include creation and delivery of graphic and animated elements including show packages, opens and titles, daily studio show graphics, Celtics insert and interstitial graphics, promo graphics, social graphics, and marketing collateral
- Able to work on multiple packages and projects at the same time, while maintaining consistency with the overall graphic package, and able to adapt quickly when changes in direction are given
- Effectively brainstorms, develops and communicates concepts and ideas to Creative Services Manager, Creative Services Director, and design/edit teams
- Able to interface and work well with multiple producers and departments to produce dynamic graphics under tight deadlines, and short timelines to visually enhance our storytelling
- Contribute as needed to all 4 NBC Boston Stations graphical efforts during key tentpole events throughout the year
- 1+ years of internship/professional experience in graphic design.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with specific focus on After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere
- Must be able to provide a portfolio or demo reel of recent work and explanation of project involvement
- Must be flexible, self-starter, detail-oriented, deadline driven, strong collaborator and excellent communicator
- Passionate about design and branding with an aptitude to learn new trends and technology as it emerges
- Strong at concept & storyboard design
- Strong understanding of the value of good motion theory
- Strong design and typography skills
- Ability to accept guidance and respond well to feedback
- Available to work varied hours and weekends on occasion
- Knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D a plus
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.