Write compelling, succinct, clear news scripts under tight deadlines.
Write stories according to station policies, editorial style and rundown. Research and evaluate news stories and sources.
Coordinate the video editing of news stories. Assist in the producing of news segments and breaking news special reports. Exercise sound news judgment and comply with KPIX News editorial standards.
Applicants should have the following experience and skills:
• At least 2 years of television news writing.
• Experience on Inews/ENPS or equivalent news computer system.
• Ability to create clear, compelling, succinct news stories from raw materials including: unedited video, reporter notes, desk notes, telephone interviews, wire copy.
• Writing style that is straightforward uses active voice and is conversational.
• Experience working with video editing systems.
• Familiarity with news feed services CNN Newsource & CBS Newspath.
• Must possess excellent production and management skills.
• Ability to respond rapidly and effectively to breaking news.
• Related College degree and/or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.
Note-This is a union position and membership in IBEW 525 is required.