The Field Producer brainstorms and pitches ideas, researches topics and works closely with reporter(s) to advance stories, break news and produce segments both in studio and in the field.
What you’ll do:
- Working both independently and with reporters/anchors to produce original business news content, primarily for broadcast and additionally for digital and social.
- Production responsibilities may include research, conducting interviews, writing and editing, field producing and overseeing editing.
- Pitching story ideas and working on assigned stories developed by the editorial planning team.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with, and being knowledgeable of and current on companies in the universe of coverage.
- Communicating clearly with reporter and field production crews to determine best coverage plan and live remote locations.
- Maintaining all video/digital records, feed necessary and relevant video to bureau/headquarters, communicate to editors and/or desk producers how video should be cut/taken to air.
- Communicating with CNBC News desk editors on available live times, understanding and owning all live hit requests, disseminating hit times to reporter and team on the ground.
- In the bureau/studio, working with reporter on day-of-air hits. Locating all video needed whether it be in-house archival or acquired through shoots, satellite feeds, company hand-outs.
- Working with editors to create video elements for reporter live hits and packages, creating chyron elements in show rundowns, making sure all elements are done correctly. Alerting reporter to any time changes or timing issues with hit.
- Booking taped and live interview segments, thoroughly researching the guest/topic and conducting pre-interviews. Taking ownership of the segment from pitch to production, including but not limited to: updating CNBC guest tracker, booking feeds, collecting relevant video, working with editors to cut elements for segment, summarizing pre interview for reporter or anchor, making certain of correct spelling and pronunciation of guest names and adhering to CNBC's booking policies.
- Planning and contributing to digital and social coverage.
- Keeping up-to-date on universe of coverage, flagging upcoming events in designated sectors to CNBC editorial planning team.
What we’ll offer:
- At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
- Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
• At least 3 years booking, segment producing or field producing in live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills, communication skills and editorial judgment.
• Deep knowledge of major tech companies, able to read financial statements.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments, while working with multiple reporters and editors on the broadcast and digital teams.
• Experience with multiple forms of social media.
• Experience with basic field camera operation (DV, DSLR), Avid iNews and content management systems.
• Must be willing to travel, often with short notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
You’ll stand out if:
• Experience working with tech companies, having covered major tech events a plus.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in business news and current events and a familiarity with the media sector.