The Editor II integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing/graphic artist projects for multiple platforms.
Greater Milwaukee Area
Apr 04, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed
- Graphic arts projects as needed
- Work with producers, multi-media journalists and photojournalists to ensure a high quality product consistent with station's brand
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera and video editing equipment
- Maintain video archive filing system
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to the television station Web site
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Reacts to breaking news on an immediate basis.
- Gathers story related materials (sound and video) on a timely basis.
- Coordinates remote and studio events, creating synergy between remote and studio productions.
- Collaborates with affiliates on breaking news stories, sharing of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associate's degree in journalism or related field
- 3+ years experience in related field preferred.
- Experience in Graphic Arts
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficiency in non-linear, editing, including Final Cut Pro.