Glendale, CA The Lighter is responsible for all aspects of lighting and compositing of shots under the direction of a CG Supervisor.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
“What would you say you do here?”
- Works closely with CG Supervisor and Lead Lighter to achieve the visual target for assigned shots and address all lighting notes.
- Optimizes shots for rendering.
- Works well with others and fosters a good working atmosphere.
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
- Responsible for taking shots to completion.
- As needed, organizes and documents any lighting tools, scripts, or processes.
- Collaborates with other departments for timely integration of elements into assigned shots.
- Manages individual shot load based on the schedule to meet deadlines.
- May help facilitate visual development. This can include working with surfacing, setting materials or shader parameters.
- Attends dailies and lighting launches as required.
- Responsible for informing CG Supervisor of any shot issues.
- Assists with interviews, as required.
- Participates in the testing of new technologies as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation, Computer Graphics or other related fields and/or equivalent experience.
• Experience with lighting and rendering.
• Knowledge of cinematic principles.
• Experience with ray tracing and lighting software such as Nuke, Katana, and/or Houdini.
• Experience with compositing.
• Experience in feature animation.
• Proven track record of successful collaboration within a team.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proactive and creative problem solver.