The Cycle Animator is a crucial role in the Crowds Department, crafting animation that will be propagated throughout crowd elements in shots small and large.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 13, 2022
Animation is to be done on a variety of characters depending on a project’s needs. A Cycle Animator needs to have a keen sense of performance that both stands out in quality and grasps the interactions necessary when duplicated into large groups.
“What would you say you do here?”
- Creates additional single-use animation to be used on promoted background characters.
- Cycles to be used on background generic characters fulfilling the shows needs and must maintain a high standard of quality.
- Works closely with the Crowds Supervisor and Head of Character Animation to build needed performances.
- Understands the technical requirements of a crowd system and works well with the concepts of looping and transitioning animation.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- A passion towards animation for crowds
- Submission of a demo reel that displays mastery of character mechanics and emoting character personality in CG
- Solid understanding of animation software like Maya
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
“What can I offer?”
- Experience working with Cycle Animation
- 2+ years of professional CG experience preferred
- Character Performance experience a plus